Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The very start of my blanket/rug/throw thing.  It is about 10 rows wide now.  I know this isnt something new but it sure is making me happy.  Sometimes when I am working on it, I have to remind myself to keep working instead of looking and stoking.  Silly. huh? But still making me happy!

This is my throw today.  It is getting bigger.  I sure didn't intend for it to be this long but it will be a throw big enough to take a nap under-completely!  I am enthralled with the colors-every color I have is in there.  Momma thinks I should throw a line of black in there and I think I agree-I am going to try it and see how it looks.  That is one of the things I love about yarn-I can make lots of things out of the same piece of yarn (sometimes I have to make the same thing a few times until I get it right lol.)
It's getting close to finished.  It probably would be done by now if I hadn't made it 6 feet long!  It is a bit taller than me so maybe not quite 6 feet but pretty close.  If I am cold, I work it on my lap and stay pretty warm!  This is my first attempt at anything of this size (and this long holding my attention!)  I can't wait to finish it and throw it over the back of the sofa!!!!  I love all the brigth colors and the way they are coming together.  Sometimes there are a couple stripes that stay in the same colot family and then sometimes they are far apart.  Either way, this is fun and it amazes me that I can do it!  All by myself!
Ellie-Sophie thinks this is her rug!  I have it hanging over the stairwell  now it doesn't too awfully hairy!  I like seeing it there as much as I did on the back of the sofa since I see it every time I go up or down the stairs!  It is far from done, but it can be a work-in-progress as long as I want!  I am itching to start something new....(3/17/2012)

 

1 comment:

  1. It isn't finished, but I took a nap under it today! It was a pretty good nap, must have been the rug I was under!

    ReplyDelete